Adding a pilot on your policy is always a possibility.
You will simply be requested to provide the following information:
- Given name and surname of the pilot(s) to be added,
- Date of birth
- Confirmation that the additional pilots are ILAS members (the insurance programme being dedicated to ILAS members)
- Experience of pilot(s) to be added (total flying hours, flying hours on the insured aircraft),
- Claims history of each pilot over the past 5 years.
- Effective date of the amendment
Depending on the coverage you have, and the information regarding the pilot to be adeed, the insurance company may ask for an additional premium.
In fact, if you benefit from our pilot-led formula, the legal liability insurance which is cheaper than an aircraft-attached insurance is attached to you as a pilot, and enables you to fly any aircraft up to a set maximum MTOW and number of passengers carried. Therefore, any pilot who will fly your aircraft will need to have the same coverage.
If you have a standard aircraft-attached insurance, pilots can be added subject to you providing the requested details and to subsequent approval of the insurer.
Each request will be studied on a case by case basis. Contact us on our English phone line, on +33 (0)4 74 463 482, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will be pleased to advise you.
More information on our dedicated webpage : https://www.air-assurances.eu/ilas