Insurance providers in the UK are numerous. Therefore, AIR COURTAGE ASSURANCES adopted a new approach in order to set up unique specifications for LAA MEMBERS.
- First of all, you now have access to a unique hands-on builder liability insurance. While you build, assemble or restore your own aircraft, or simply help-out some friends or relatives, you can be liable in the case of any accidental damage caused to third parties, as a consequence of your activity. Even if you aren't involved in this kind of activity, your liability can be sought in case of a claim for any damage caused airside or even just for the fact of being an aircraft owner or co-owner.
Thanks to the LAA Member Insurance scheme, you can now be adequately covered.
- Secondly, the LAA pilots, whether they own their own aircraft or not have a new option: cover themselves (as pilot) or opt for the classic third party insurance whereby the aircraft-itself is covered.
The pilot-led is a new formula approved by the CAA as it meets the EC legal requirements which enables the pilot to have the third party insurance automatically covered (subject to MTOW conditions and number of passengers carried). This coverage provides great flexibility and enables you to substantially lower your insurance cost. It's also very valuable for private aircraft owners as it covers, automatically and without any additional cost, the liability arising from the ownership of the aircraft.
Closely designed with the LAA, this programme rewards safety initiatives :
- pilot experience and claims history are carefully taken into account in pricing.
- participation to LAA-approved training and safety schemes (including GASCO) grant LAA members insurance premium discounts.
- Thirdly, Syndicates of aircraft owners haven’t been left aside, as we offer several options, depending on each syndicate own specific situation, and considering each co-owner's flying practices and involvement in restoring and maintaining their aircraft.
- Last but not least as many of you build/repair your aircraft, a special discount called the 'DIY option', enables you to opt to perform your own repairs, in case of a partial loss, whenever it’s technically and legally feasible in counterpart of a reduced premium.
More information available on our dedicated webpage : http://www.air-assurances.com/laa.asp